Re: Internet connections on windows machines

Tom Badran wrote:

That sounds much better, Do these work with services that need username/
password combos to get access? I really didnt want to have to administer a windows box if possible and this sounds like a good plan.
The username and password sounds like pppoe (PPP over Ethernet), so you could put a debian box instead of the xp box there. Another opportunity which I can recommend is fli4l, a floppy-disk size linux router distribution which you can run on an old 386 without hdd (shame on me promoting other distros on a debian list). fli4l is pretty modular and supports pppoe as well.

Regards,
            Torsten