Re: Internet connections on windows machines

Tom Badran wrote:

> At home, my housemate has a adsl connection on a winxp
> machine that i would like to share to a variety of hosts...

Hi Tom,

instead of making that XP box a router, you should consider getting a cheapo
Router/Firewall/NAT-Device a la Netgear or Linksys. That would leave the
'bad guys' out there much less opportunity for attacks as the IMHO
full-featured (and -used) Windoze machine...

The cheapest of these no-no-name-devices start at approx. 35 Euro here, so
that wouldn't be too much to invest, no?

HTH,
wjl
--
NTV '94 RedSue 24-42Mm running on fuel; everything else here runs Debian