Re: Internet connections on windows machines

On Tuesday 16 Sep 2003 15:04, Wolfgang Lonien wrote:
> instead of making that XP box a router, you should consider getting a
> cheapo Router/Firewall/NAT-Device a la Netgear or Linksys. That would leave
> the 'bad guys' out there much less opportunity for attacks as the IMHO
> full-featured (and -used) Windoze machine...
>
> The cheapest of these no-no-name-devices start at approx. 35 Euro here, so
> that wouldn't be too much to invest, no?

That sounds much better, Do these work with services that need username/
password combos to get access? I really didnt want to have to administer a
windows box if possible and this sounds like a good plan.

Thanks

Tom

--
 ^__^            | Tom Badran
 (oo)\______     | Imperial College
    ||     ||    | Using Debian SID

Linux 2.6.0-test5 #5 Tue Sep 9 14:46:35 BST 2003 i686 GNU/Linux