Re: Small, silent system with 2 NICs?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 07:57:48PM -0700, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for this being slightly OT, but I was wondering whether anybody here
> could advise me concerning a small debian compatible system that is
> supposed to sit SILENTLY in my living room and function as a firewall and
> sshd server for my wireless networ that is supposed to come into existence
> shortly. I found idotpc.com, but there little ones only take one card ...

(Your word wrapping is non-existent... :)

My old 486 chugs along quite well as such.  Cheap wired cards too ($1 bin at
local used PC store).  They had some nice deals on 166/200 MHz Dell Optiplex
boxes as well, but I doubt you live in Bakersfield...

I don't know what the wireless cards require w.r.t. hardware, though.  Maybe
this is all wet...

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,