Re: bug tracking

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 08:29:42AM +0800, csj wrote:
> At Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:18:39 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> >
> > That's entirely up to the maintainer of the package and/or any
> > other random people who happen to look at it. Forget policy
> > here, it's a matter of people having time and interest to do
> > the work. If you give more details about the bug in question
> > then perhaps somebody could be encouraged to look at it. (Bug
> > #162308?)
>
> Is it that much work to, as Osamu Aoki said, change the priority
> or downgrade the bug?

Nope just a couple of lines in an e-mail sent to the bug tracker.

> > Sometimes the type of response you're talking about happens,
> > but it's rather rare for a bug submitter to be satisfied with
> > that, so many maintainers assume that it's taken as read.
>
> I'd be satisfied with a "Won't fix" response.  I'd filed bugs
> with a maintainer well-known for his abrasive responses.  But at
> least he responds!

And there are users that wouldn't.  Sad, but true.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings