Possible design problem: <enter> on install disk wipes disk?

I haven't verified this and don't have a system handy to do so....

On #debian IRC, someone's just reported that he left the Debian install
disk in his (powered down) system.  Mom came along, booted the system,
kept hitting <enter>, and ended up wiping out the root (and only)
partition on the system.

If this is true, I'd recommend that the installer be strutured so that
some affirmative action _other_ than simply hitting _enter_ be necessary
to irrevocably change system state.  No, we can't protect ourselves
against smart idiots, but we should be able to hold of the stupid idiots
for a while.

Peace.

    Defeat EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/