Re: Getting a wireless card to work play with debian

Good questions. I'm starting easy: no WEP. The router is a linksys WRTG54G with
default settings. I thought Managed was eqivalent to Infrastructure mode. Doing
a little more reading now. I also figured this problem stems from my lack of
debian knowledge since I'm coming from Redhat. I've tried ifconfig eth2 down ->
ifconfig eth2 up to reset the NIC, but it doesn't help. How do I get the system
to restart the network?

Also, dumbass linux question: insmode 8211.o loads the kernel module for the
driver. but it drops on reboot. How do I get it to stay in there?

Thanks!
-jz