Need help watching TV in Linux

Hello. Recently I have installed a TV tuner card in my system, a Gallant
IV-560 (Bt840 chip). It works pretty well under Windows 98 but I don't seem
to be able to make it work well on Linux. BTTV recognizes the card well and I
can watch TV using xawtv. Since the card isn't specified as supported, at
first I tried autodetecting but sound didn't work. Then I tried using
configuration for Miro PCTV, but when I quit the program, sound keeps coming
out from the speakers. Also, using the mute funcion in Xawtv doesn't work.

Under Windows 98 I managed to get some card specific data such as GP-DATA,
GPIO and such using BtSpy and MoreTV. Is there any way I can use this
information for specifically configuring my TV tuner in bttv?

And finally, (this one is a bit off-topic), I've noticed that in some channels
have video and audio in slightly different frequencies, so I can't tune both
well at the same time. Has anyone had this problem also? (For people in
Spain, this happens to me with La Primera, La Segunda and some others).

By the way, I'm using a Debian Sarge system with kernel version 2.4.21

Please CC replies to me directly.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ronald Castillo