Re: can not start X as non-root user

Kent West wrote:

Check the output of "startx 2> error.log" for hints.

I suspect you don't have a default wm configured properly for non-root users. Create a ".xinitrc" file in a normal user's home dir with the single line "icewm" (and make sure icewm is installed) and give it a go and let us know the results.

thanks, i finally figured out that i had wrong permissions set on my /tmp directory. no idea how this could happen but well, it is running fine now.

rolf

--
$ cd /dos/c/MICROSO~1
$ rm -rf *