Traffic Shaping -- I Need a Push in the Right Direction

I need to perform bandwidth traffic shaping on a Debian Gateway machine.
I've done a good bit of surfing but have not been able to find what I want.

ipfw/dummynet - looks like a good combination for FreeBSD.  I can't find
dummynet for Debian.

Squid - limits bandwidth by file type ... I need to limit by ip address,
range or subnet.

lartc - the tc command looks good but I can't find it for Debian.

I'm already using ipmasq and dnsmasq so synergy with these packages would be
great. Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Greg