Re: dpkg fails after removing some packages

Op ma 08-09-2003, om 04:28 schreef Russell Shaw:
> Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> > Op zo 07-09-2003, om 04:45 schreef Russell Shaw:
> >
> >>apt-get update
> >>apt-get install -f base-files
> >
> > Nope, that doesn't work. Apt-get downloads the packages, then says
> > (Reading database...) and shortly afterwards, i get the E: Subprocess
> > /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly.
> > I really haven't got a clue of what is wrong.
> > I think i might be looking at a reinstall here.
>
> Does dpkg succeed with anything? You could download the dpkg .deb
> and install it.

I tried that already and it doesn't work. It's a very weird problem. And
it seems as if it has something to do with the status file.
Anyway, i'm so fed up with it, i'm pulling the plug, the server has to
die. I'll reinstall and see if a new install will work.
Anway, thanks for your help.

Regards,
Benedict