Re: DVD recording software?

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:33:20 +0200
Joan Tur <jtur@wanadoo.es> wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> I've purchased a DVD-RW recorder... and I'd like to use it under
> linux...
>
> What software could I us?  I've googled with no luck  8-?

cdrecord

chat:~$ apt-cache search dvd
a52dec - Utilities to extract and decode ATCS A/52 streams
a52dec-dev - Development library and headers for ATCS A/52 data
cdrecord - A command line CD/DVD writing tool
debpartial - Debian Packages/Sources file partition tool
dvdplusrw - DVD+RW tools
jigdo-file - Download Debian CD images from any Debian mirror
libdvdread2 - Simple foundation for reading DVDs.
libdvdread2-dev - Simple foundation for reading DVDs.
libxine-dev - the xine video player library, development packages
libxine0 - the xine video/media player library, binary files
ogle - DVD player with support for DVD menus
ogle-gui - User interface to ogle (Gtk)
ogle-mmx - DVD player with support for DVD menus
radvd - Router Advertisement Daemon
udftools - Tools for UDF filesystems and DVD/CD-R(W) drives
vdr - Video Disk Recorder for DVB-S cards, base package
vdr-daemon - Server version of Video Disk Recorder for DVB-S cards
vdr-kbd - Video Disk Recorder for DVB-S cards with keyboard control
vdr-lirc - Video Disk Recorder for DVB-S cards with IR remote control
vdr-rcu - Video Disk Recorder for DVB-S cards with RCU control
vlc - a free MPEG and DVD player
vlc-alsa - ALSA plugin for vlc
vlc-esd - Esound plugin for vlc
vlc-ggi - GGI plugin for vlc
vlc-glide - Glide plugin for vlc
vlc-gnome - Gnome plugin for vlc
vlc-gtk - Gtk+ plugin for vlc
vlc-qt - Qt plugin for vlc
vlc-sdl - SDL plugin for vlc
xine-dvdnav - xine DVD plugin that is capable of Menus and special features
xine-ui - the xine video player, user interface
xmovie - A nice player for uncompressed Quicktime, MPEG streams and more.
libdvdcss0 - A portable abstraction library for DVD decryption
mplayer-686 - The Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
libdvdcss2 - Simple foundation for reading DVDs - runtime libraries
liba52-0.7.3 - Library for decoding ATSC A/52 streams.
libdvdnav1 - The DVD navigation library

and then

chat:~$ apt-cache show cdrecord
Package: cdrecord
Section: otherosfs
Installed-Size: 896
Maintainer: Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: cdrtools
Version: 4:1.10-7
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), debconf, makedev (>= 2.3.1-24)
Recommends: mkisofs
Suggests: xcdroast
Filename: pool/main/c/cdrtools/cdrecord_1.10-7_i386.deb
Size: 345360
MD5sum: f06c6b3e12fa56b8fe2fc649a4a1c988
 cdrecord allows you to create CDs on a CD recorder (SCSI or ATAPI).
 It supports writing data, audio, mixed, multi-session, and CD+ and
 DVD discs, on just about every type of CD recorder out there.