Re: Debian Installation Problem

on Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 05:26:41PM +0800, Nikolai Dobrev (nikolai_dob@linuxmail.org) wrote:
> Hello,
> I try to install Debian 3.1 sorge, but it gaves me that problem :

The Sarge installer is experimental and under development.  It isn't
meant for production use.

If you want to install Debian, go to:

    http://www.debian.org/distrib/

...pick an installation method, and install the _stable_ release of
Debian.

Next, read the installation manual appropriate for your hardware and
language of preference:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

*Don't* pick any packages to install -- you're just going to put a base
install on your system.  You can upgrade to the current release after
completing this step.

> Please answer me, thank you
>
> ------------------------
> 24.Hungarian
> Prompt:1-24/41, n for next page> 11

> [100.0%] Detected module 'isofs' for Linux ISO 9660 Filesystem Driver'
> Installing Debian installer modules
> [0.0%] Retrieving libc-4deb
> Debian Installer Main Menu
>
> Failed to retrieve installer module
> Retrieving the module libc-udeb failed for unknown reasons.
> Aborting.
> [Press enter to continue]

Looks like you're trying to install modules during install.  In general,
you _only_ need to install the modules you absolutlely need to use for
installation -- e.g.:  network card drivers, RAID or SCSI drivers, etc.
For most hardware, this is unnecessary.

Peace.

   Sick of mal-formed websites?  A stylesheet to override poor design:
     http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/UserContentCSS