Debian HW/Support vendors (was Re: compatibility)

on Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 10:18:35AM +0200, J?r?mie MARTIN (j.martin@thor.fr) wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to implement Debian on 6 Intel servers and am looking for
> servers that support DEBIAN. I unfortunately do not know who (HP/ IBM/
> NEC???) supports DEBIAN.  Could you please help me??

If the question is finding a vendor for HW supporting GNU/Linux, pretty
much any whitebox vendor should serve.

Word at LWE from those who won't be held accountable for my
misremembering the story, is that HP will provide direct support for
Debian.  Though they may not be aware of this in various corners of the
company, so be persistant.  There a number of Debian project folks with
HP.

I'd still recommend a local connection.  Posting to a local job board
for the appropriate skillset (in the US, Craigslist is a very popular
forum) is a good way to find talent.  There's the previously mentioned
Debian consultants list.

Another angle is to inquire at a regional GNU/Linux user group:

    - http://www.ssc.com:8080/glue/groups/nonus/france
    - http://lugww.counter.li.org/list.php3?cc=FR
    - http://www.linux.org/groups/france.html

...generally contacting the officers of the list for information on how
to post a recruiting notice is helpful.

Peace.

   LNX-BBC:  Bootable GNU/Linux -- Don't leave /home without it.
     http://www.lnx-bbc.org/