Re: dynamic dns IP assignment from behind router

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 12:44:24AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:42:11PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> > there's some serious problem with my setup.
>
> Yup.  You've exceeded the functionality of what that little barricade
> router can do.  Time to get a 486 or Pentium with two NICs, ipmasq and
> ddclient installed.

Maybe not... Depending on the model of barricade you might be able to
get a firmware with dyndns.org dynamic dns support built in. My 7008
router got it when I upgraded the firmware to R1.96h2. Oddly enough,
this upgrade is not on the SMC's US site, you have to get it from
SMC-Europe.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all