Re: Routing

Mark Maas wrote:

[snip]

When I use the MS pptp client and login to the pptpd server on this machine
i can ping all networks from the client, but cannot reach the internet.
Pinging google.nl results in the name beeing resolved to the ip adress of
google.nl but the request don't ever reach google.nl...

One more route to add?

Unless you really want the normal internet traffic like web browsing to go down the PPTP tunnel first, heres what I do on Windows XP:

VPN (PPTP) connection properties panel: Click the networking tab, click the Properties button after selecting the TCP/IP entry.
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties panel: Click the Advanced button.
Advanced TCP/IP Settings: Uncheck the 'Use default gateway on remote network' box on the General tab.

Then you'll need to add routes for the windows client for your other networks that you just set up routes for on your Linux box, and you might start wondering about software that would configure all of these routes for you.

I don't know if it will be easier for you to do that or deal with all the normal traffic going from the Windows box to the Linux box, out to the internet and back over the same route.

Jacob