Re: overnet, mldonkey, which one??

On Friday 05 September 2003 12:08 am, Olivier (skyshadow) Robert wrote:

> Kind of off-topic subject, however ...
>
> mldonkey is your friend:
> - supports overnet, edonkey, bittorent, limewire, gnutella P2P protocols
>   and more.
> - core client architecture: telnet, GUI and web interface
> - reliable and very stable
>
> Drawbacks: search engine isn't that good (but you don't realy need it,
> do you?), likes memory ;)

Thanks Oliver.  3 questions please:

What about security? How often do I have to expect to be attacked by a hacker
or by an worm?

And what about the firewall? How difficult is to make it work behind a
firewall? This may be obvious for you but I know nothing about firewalls.

What do you mean with I don't realy need the search engine? I think that I
need a good search engine a lot or who will I be finding the files I need?

CU

Alfredo