Re: problem with mutt and imap

* David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-debian@weller-fahy.com> [2003-09-03 21:10]:
> * Dan Hunt <dan@hunt.ath.cx> [2003-09-03 18:22]:
> > * Grzesiek Sedek <grzesiek@mi2.hr> [2003-09-03 18:43]:
> > > I'm getting this weird error when trying to connect to imap server:
> > >
> > > gnutls_handshake: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received
> >
> > Hey! I am having the same problem with a new installation, and a
> > Red-Hat server. Right now I am running Sid and it used to work when I
> > had Woody.
> >
> > What version of mutt are you using?
>
> I've just duplicated that by removing my IMAPd SSL certificate
> (imapd.pem with courier-imap) and attempting to connect to my imapd
> server.  Are you sure you've created a self-signed certificate?
>
> Oh, and I'm using mutt 1.5.4i on Debian testing.
>
> Regards,
> --
> dave [ please don't CC me ]

I'm just having this problem with one mail server, as a user
I am using IMAP to connect to my ISP provided mailbox
with no problems. I just enter c to change
and type in each time imap://username:password@mail.myisp.ca/

However Mutt 1.5.4i (2003-03-19) is not connecting to my work
address. At this domain I am a user, who cannot connect using
mutt, yet. Rather than using the provided IMP webmail,
I set up Mozilla to use imap and it works well.

Kind regards
Dan Hunt