Re: problem with mutt and imap

* Dan Hunt <dan@hunt.ath.cx> [2003-09-03 20:32]:
> * David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-debian@weller-fahy.com> [2003-09-03 21:10]:
> > * Dan Hunt <dan@hunt.ath.cx> [2003-09-03 18:22]:
> > > * Grzesiek Sedek <grzesiek@mi2.hr> [2003-09-03 18:43]:

> > > Hey! I am having the same problem with a new installation, and a
> > > Red-Hat server. Right now I am running Sid and it used to work when I
> > > had Woody.
> > >
> > > What version of mutt are you using?
> >
> > I've just duplicated that by removing my IMAPd SSL certificate
> > (imapd.pem with courier-imap) and attempting to connect to my imapd
> > server.  Are you sure you've created a self-signed certificate?
> >
> > Oh, and I'm using mutt 1.5.4i on Debian testing.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > dave [ please don't CC me ]
> >

> I'm just having this problem with one mail server, as a user I am
> using IMAP to connect to my ISP provided mailbox with no problems. I
> just enter c to change and type in each time
> imap://username:password@mail.myisp.ca/

Gotcha.

> However Mutt 1.5.4i (2003-03-19) is not connecting to my work address.
> At this domain I am a user, who cannot connect using mutt, yet. Rather
> than using the provided IMP webmail, I set up Mozilla to use imap and
> it works well.

So, the problem is with one imap server that is not under your control,
correct?  What IMAP options are you using in your .muttrc?

I'm assuming (from the context) that they're running a non-ssl secured
IMAP server and are advertising STARTTLS, right?  If so, you may want to
try putting the following in your .muttrc:

#v+
set ssl_starttls=no
#v-

And try to connect.  Just a WAG, but it might help.

Regards,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]