Re: remove Debian

Yu Sun wrote:
Hi, everyone,

Maybe this question is easy. However I cannot find answers from
manuals.

I have installed Debain with Windows 98 on my notebook. Now I want to
remove Debian, make this notebook dedicated to Windows. How should I
do it?

Thanks,

Denis

1. make a Windows "rescue" disk that can boot and has the M$ "fdisk" program on it.

2. boot to a M$DOS prompt using the rescue disk and run the command "fdisk /mbr". This will remove any LILO stuff from the master boot record and restore Windows as the default boot OS.

3. You can then remove ALL traces of Debian / Linux by just removing their partitions with almost any disk partitioning software. I like Partition Magic for things like this..., but you should be able to use the M$ fdisk too.

There are probably several other methods... the above is mine.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-