Re: whinging poms again: (was Re: OT: whinging (was Re: rms on debian : background noise))

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 02:37:28PM +0200, Geoff Thurman wrote:
> It also seems that the apple in the garden of Eden might 'in fact' have
> been a pomegranate, in which case it does go back rather a long way.

It puzzles me where these theories come from. The Bible doesn't say
it's an apple or any other kind of fruit - it's just a "fruit". The
only description is that it looks good and is good to eat - which
applies to pretty well any fruit.

"malum" in Latin means "apple", also more generally "fruit", and also
"bad", "evil"... wonder if the whole thing started as a translation
error?

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons