How do I install a second harddrive - Solved

Just wanna say thanks to all that helped me
get my 2nd harddrive up and running this weekend.
kudos to a great list.
I had the misconsception that I could split a
directory across drives/partitions but gave up
on that idea and decided instead to put /usr/share
on a partition by itself. I did this believing it
is the directory where most of my programs will be
installed. I am considering moving /usr/lib over as
well but am not sure what to do;
if I need to create a new partition for it or
a new mount point or can I just move it and the filesystem
(ext2) will find it.
Any advice would be appreciated.

once again thanks
mw.