Re: Configuring HP Inkjet Printer

bob parker wrote:
I've just installed a HP 3325 printer.

I configured it using cups after downloding and compiling the latest hpijs driver (1.4.1).

It's printing OK, from web pages at least, but my problem is that it is doing it at maximum resolution.

Because I got this little cheapie just so I can output text quickly and cheaply I need to learn how to configure it to print in draft mode etc.

man lpoptions

ROOT ACCOUNT OPTIONS
       When run by the root user, lpoptions gets and sets default
       options and instances for all users in the /etc/cups/lpoptions file.

FILES
       ~/.lpoptions - user defaults and instances created by non-
       root users.
       /etc/cups/lpoptions  -  system-wide defaults and instances
       created by the root user.