Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 03:50:08AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:15:11 +0200
> Anders Arnholm <anders@arnholm.nu> wrote:
> > And why don't you use cindent? Becouse you have something religus
> > against the c in the name?
>
>     Because we're not programming in C and I'd rather not take the chance of
> it doing something stupid based on the presumption we are coding in C.

Then you should look into what itäs doing and learn your editor, even
tough it's called cindent i more of context indent the c language
indent. Some parts of it works with python but autoindening the whole
file doesn't of understandable reasons. Peronaly I have gorwn so used to
cindent (or the simularity in emacs) that I can't program without. Well
actually I didn't do any serius programing in vi untill vim came around
with just that feature. Since then I haven't used Emacs more on some
minor ocations par programing with other programmers.

/ Balp

--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969