Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 01:46:37PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 11:32, Anders Arnholm wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 08:33:40AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 14:07, Pigeon wrote:
> > > set tabstop=4
> >
> > So thats why all code form other Python programers look like shit and
> > dont line up, not that a tab is 8 spaces wide and will stay that way for
> > ever everything else is PLAIN fucking evil!!! Or as the vim help file
> > puts it.
> >
> >   Note: Setting 'tabstop' to any other value than 8 can make your file
> >   appear wrong in many places (e.g., when printing it).
> You conveniently ignored the fact that I also mentioned
> set expandtab
> There are no ^I characters when that is used.

So why change tabstop? Is there any reason for that what so ever and I
know that the file you send out didn't have any tabs, but the only
reason what so ever for setting tabstop to 4 I could fingure out what
that other programers working with the same files as you, did do this
wrong! And as I interpited this as a reconedation, something in the
enviroment whas wrong.

/ Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969