Re: Power off

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 10:31, Frank Hrebabetzky wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Z F wrote:
>
> All I want from power management is switching off at the end, but I don't
> know if APM or ACPI is preferable for that. My experience so far shows:
> 1. ACPI compiled into kernel: no power off
> 2. APM compiled into kernel: system hangs at boot

Forgive me if I am repeating here, since I didn't follow the start of
the thread, but what kernel version and what acpi version (patch or
builtin?),
since acpi version in 2.4.21 is old, you need either the patch from
acpi.sourceforge.org or kernel 2.4.22.
Also with the acpi patch on 2.4.21 there was a problem with my laptop
that it didn't power down properly and I needed to change the sleep
level from S5 to S4 in acpi_power_off function. This was solved in the
acpi version thats in 2.4.22

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il