Re: Power off

do you know if you have APM or ACPI ?

Maybe you are compiling a wrong power manager into the kernel. Whether
you have APM or ACPI depends on you BIOS. If you do not have ACPI
option when you run make menuconfig see if you enabled

"Prompt for development/incomplete drivers" in code maturity
level option.

Try enabling ACPI if you have not done so.

Hope this helps. (If it does not --- I do not know what else)

Good luck,

Lazar