Re: Quoting

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 06:54:48PM +0200, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Sorry to come in here with my Outlook Express... (still looking for a
> 'better' MUA for Win32) I can't provide a fully informational quoting
> line at the top, I'll try my best. But every each and then, for some
> mysterious reason, Outlook Express 6 just doesn't want to >-quote to
> the lines. Then I certainly won't go and add them by myself. Then it's
> just easier to become a 'top-poster', appreciated or not.

When on windows I use gnus. It works just like on Debian. People always
joke that emacs is it's own OS, but that's often a good thing. So I
don't have to deal with that kind of retardation.

> But I must say that I find those PGP signatures a bit irritating, I
> must filter them out in my eyes everytime I see them. Anyway, is it
> really so important to sign one's messages here? Why not even encrypt
> them? (Damn, I forgot, that doesn't work.) But there already was a
> thread on that, I think. (And did I already mention that OE shows
> those other signed mails as attachments?)

OE is broken when it comes to MIME. I recommend you change MUA's.

I've tested:
mozilla mail
mozilla thunderbird  (mozilla mail without the rest of mozilla)
gnus

And find that all are lightyears ahead of outlook express.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com