Hot-plugging USB storage devices.

I have a question about mounting USB storage devices. I have an
Olympus digital camera, which I've been using happily for a while. I
use usbmgr to load the usb-storage and scsi modules on demand, and a
line in /etc/fstab allows me to mount it on /camera from /dev/sda1.

The problem is that I've just acquired a USB keychain memory drive. If
that's the first device I plug in, it becomes sda1. I would prefer it
each device was always mounted in the same place - /camera for the
camera and /keychain for the keychain, for example. Is there any way
of doing this with usbmgr or something else like hotplug?

I don't mind if the scripts auto-mount the devices, as long as Mere
Mortal Users can umount them.

        Iain Georgeson

--
Iain Georgeson | Keirsey: INTJ | Belbin: Plant | Liverpool
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?