Re: sony digital handycam (DCR-TRV60E) in linux

I also have a Sony digicam, which is connected to my system via a
firewire card.

To use it, via firewire, I modprobe'd video1394, ohci1394, raw1394 and
ieee1394. All were with standard woody install (later dist-upgraded to
testing) and no kernel recompile was needed.

I have used both dvgrab and kino to grab video from the camera. They
work "ok" but not great; in fact, I noticed an increase in
frame-droppage for unclear reasons when I went from stable to testing,
but I'm not sure why.

I'm not sure how you would do the same via a usb connection if that is
what you are using as I've never looked into that.

nl