Re: open office spell checking

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 08:14, Kent West wrote:
> Roy Pluschke wrote:
>

> >Jacob thank you for posting the list of new packages to be installed.  I
> >installed OOo along time ago and have just been updating and upgrading since
> >then.  My problem was the package "myspell-en-us" was not installed - I guess
> >a dependancy got lost somewhere during upgrading. Everything is working fine
> >now:)
> >

> I haven't said anything, but my spellcheck in OOo was non-functional as
> well. This clue to install "myspell-en-us" solved my problem as well.

This is interesting.  Spelling works for me, but I don't have any
myspell* installed :

openoffice.org1.1             1.1beta2-2
openoffice.org1.1-bin         1.1beta2-2
openoffice.org1.1-debian-file 1.1beta-2
openoffice.org1.1-help-en     1.1beta2-2
openoffice.org1.1-l10n-en     1.1beta2-2
openoffice.org1.1-mimelnk     1.1beta2-2
ttf-openoffice                1.0-2

aspell              0.50.3-12
aspell-bin          0.50.3-12
aspell-en           0.51-0-3
dictionaries-common 0.10.3
gnome-spell         1.0.4-2
libaspell15         0.50.3-12
libgtkspell0        2.0.4-6

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas