Re: OT: Debian Mailinglist server slow?

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 10:41, Pigeon wrote:

> > > So, in other words, it's all Microsoft's fault? ;-)
> >
> > Essentially, yes.  I'm surprised nobody has started a class-action
> > against MS for failing to provide fundamental security in their OS.
>
> ISTR someone recently pointing out that the systems used by US power
> companies ran MS software which was among that targeted by the recent
> exploits, and wondering if there was any connection with the power
> outage.

It was recently in The Inquirer (or maybe The Register).  One of
the Ohio power companies involved in The Blackout got hit by a virus
back in *January*, and none of the power systems were affected.

> The number of viruses arriving in my email had dropped right off, but
> has suddenly shot right up again - and there's been another major
> power outage now, knocking out the London Underground with three
> quarters of a million passengers on board.
>
> If these events are connected, maybe there will be some legal action...

This is just paranoia by anti-MS people.  The blackouts were *really*
caused by men in Black Helicopters From The U.N. trying to disrupt
Britain & the US to destabilize our economies, so that we will want
a more involvement by the UN, thus leading to World Government lead
by the UN and the Secretary General, who wants to abolish the Secur-
ity Council.  And that's The Truth!

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

When Swedes start committing terrorism, I'll become suspicious
of Scandanavians.