Re: Debian Networking problems

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 15:39, Ronnie Tarkas wrote:
> I have just recently installed and set up a Debian GNU/Linux
> machine....
> I know for a fact that the Network card is working, as I downloaded
> and installed things with apt-get......

Yay :)

> Now, I can't connect to the Debian server, from my WinXP computer, via
> our local network,  nor can I access it by FTP.

How are you trying to connect? Telnet? SSH? How exactly is the network
setup? You would have to setup an FTP server in order to access it like
that. Telnet or SSH should work fine connecting to the internal IP
address.

> What should I do, in order to enable the Debian for use on my LAN, and
> FTP.
> Setting up accounts/users/groups etc....

It depends. How do you want it setup? Do you want Debian to be a gateway
machine or do you already have another computer for that purpose? If so,
I assume you've got the Deb box routing packets through it already..
Share the specifics and I'm sure someone (me or someone else) can point
you in the right direction.

Erinn
--
"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood
by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's