Re: Debian Networking problems

First question - Can you ping it, or can the debian box access the
network and/or Internet.

For user/groups see commands adduser, and addgroup (you can get the
manual pages for these by typing in man adduser, and man addgroup
at the console).

There's also a couple of tools under GNOME and KDE to manage these
things - apt-get install kuser gnome-system-tools - (if you're running
unstable) should help you set these up.

Regards
Edward