Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

Steve Lamb wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:52:35 -0600
Jacob Anawalt <jacob@cachevalley.com> wrote:
Was this code on a Unix system, or did you have one nearby? Did you know about the indent program at the time? (man indent)

It _seems_ to work for me to convert someone elses sytle (or lack of it) in coding C into a format that I like (K&R).

   That's just it, I don't like C indenting any more, period.  It isn't
"someone else's style" that is the problem, it is the fact that it is the
antithesis of how I've grown to like to code.  Lemme put it this way:
[snip]

   Hence it is not other people's style I dislike, it is the freakin' braces.

Good thing there's Python for you and other !brace people then. Maybe someday I'll catch onto the concept. For now, I'm OK with braces. :)

I had only posted this because the full message had a complaint about it taking hours to debug C code because of the inconsistancy in indentation/placement of braces. My solution for that has been $ indent <horribly indented code>.c.

Jacob