Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 22:15, Jacob Anawalt wrote:
> Steve Lamb wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:52:35 -0600
> >Jacob Anawalt <jacob@cachevalley.com> wrote:
[snip]
> >    Hence it is not other people's style I dislike, it is the freakin' braces.
> >

> Good thing there's Python for you and other !brace people then. Maybe
> someday I'll catch onto the concept. For now, I'm OK with braces. :)
>
> I had only posted this because the full message had a complaint about it
> taking hours to debug C code because of the inconsistancy in
> indentation/placement of braces. My solution for that has been $ indent
> <horribly indented code>.c.

And then when you check the file back into cvs, it grinds away at
a whole-file differential...

The solution, though, is an Organizational Standard that must be
followed.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Spit in one hand, and wish for peace in the other.
Guess which is more effective...