Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 03:35, Anders Arnholm wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 01:32:07PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 11:06, Alan Shutko wrote:
> > > Anders Arnholm <anders@arnholm.nu> writes:
> > > So, basically, you don't like Python because your text editor is
> > > junk.  Fix it or go find a real editor!
> > Heck, vim in default mode (no syntax coloring) is Good Enough.
>
> Thats about what I'm using, but vim i cmode is aloot more powerful tool
> to C programing than vim in Python mode.

Yeah, for things like braces-matching.  But the need for that is
eliminated in Python...

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." or
something like that
Ben Franklin, maybe