Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 13:15, tallison@tacocat.net wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 07:58:01PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >>

> SDLC!  What a joke!!!!!
>
> I've never seen a large project managed in any Corporation that didn't
> utterly suck.

The SDLC and corporate politics are independent.  Academics should
take corporate politics into consideration when coming up with these
theories.

> The notion that software development is more Organic is closer to the
> truth.  Even with the best planning, you typically will run software
> development along the path of:
>
> Design it
> Build it
> Deploy it
> Rewrite from scratch and have something that works.

With tight budgets and tight schedules, I've *never* seen a project
rewritten.

> Modify from there as needed to evolve with the understanding of and needs
> of the applications 'itch'.
>
> That's an evolutionary process.

See my above comments regarding the SDLC.  They are the same.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Spit in one hand, and wish for peace in the other.
Guess which is more effective...