Re: TrueType fonts (again)

On Thursday 28 August 2003 04:43, Robert Storey wrote:
> I upgraded to Sid. Mozilla, which previously had bitmapped fonts, now
> has
> TrueType fonts - apt-get dist-upgrade" seems to have handled this
> automagically . That's great, but Konqueror, Kmail, and Sylpheed (among
> others) are still stuck in bitmap mode.

Two things:

Mozilla has its own font handling (via FreeType) while QT (and thus KDE) and
other X applications use the X font system. Depending on your setup, you'll
have to make sure that X knows about the fonts. If you don't see the fonts
with xfontsel, have a look at your /etc/XF86Config-4 and check if the font
path is set correctly. If so, you might have to recreate the font index in
the directory the TT fonts are installed.

If X knows about the fonts but any QT based application fails to see them,
edit the file ~/.qt/qtrc and set the variables useXft and enableXft to
'false'. This seems to be a bug in QT.

--
Got Backup?