Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 07:23, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:46:09 -0500
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > Lets take my MUA, Evolution, for example.  It's not processor
> > intensive.  Why couldn't it be written in Python?
>
>     It wouldn't idle as fast?

Doh!  Why didn't I think of that?

> > The SLOC count would be lowered, and that means a lower bug count and
> > quicker development.
>
>     SLOC?

Source Lines Of Code.  Basically, source code that has been stripped
of comments and blank lines.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4 persons
per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.
That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.
Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.