Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 06:35, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:07:35 -0500
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > So I *am* a Luddite after all: a good text interface is just as
> > good as any GUI interface, and a hell of a lot faster.
>
>     Depends on the interfaces, don't it?  I personally cannot stand any text
> based mail client because they don't provide enough information.  All of 'em

I could live with pine, but, as much as it's a geek fave, I can't
stand mutt.

A text-mode Evo (drop down menus, multiple windows) that can expand
to fill large xterm windows would be sweet.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition or
give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and break things".
Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.