Re: Linux - CDR

> both of the tools mentioned above are command line tools. if you use kde
> you might prefer k3b (for burning) and kaudiocreater (for ripping).
Hi
Have you gotten K3B to work for regular users? I get the error

<error>
Unable to find cdrecord executable
K3b uses cdrecord to actually write cds. Without cdrecord K3b won't be able to
properly initialize the writing devices.
Solution: Install the cdrtools package which contains cdrecord.
</error>

changing privileges from
-rws--x---    1 root     cdrecord      142 Jul 10 14:16 /usr/bin/cdrecord
-rwxr-x---    1 root     cdrecord      142 Jul 10 14:16 /usr/bin/cdrecord

outputs the message
<error>
cdrecord does not run with root privileges
cdrecord needs to run with root privileges to be able to access the cd
devices, use real time scheduling, and set a non-standard fifo buffer. This
is also true when using SuSE's resmgr.
Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.
</error>

And running K3bSetup just reverts the permissions to

-rws--x---    1 root     cdrecord      142 Jul 10 14:16 /usr/bin/cdrecord
so I'm back where I started.
Also whats the s in the perms(above)? i.e. rws and how is it set?