Re: COBOL compiler

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 00:41, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 22:57, Al Davis wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 August 2003 04:35 am, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> --snip--
[snip]
> I have been absolutely amazed by how easy COBOL is to read. However,
> that also comes at the price of being incredibly wordy. Our first "Hello
> World" program is a little over two pages.

Don't worry.  By the time your code gets out to 3-500 lines, it'll
be approximately the same length as a similar C program.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"All machines, no matter how complex, are considered to be based
on 6 simple elements: the lever, the pulley, the wheel and axle,
the screw, the wedge and the inclined plane."
Marilyn Vos Savant