Re: Tool for sending Windows popup messages?

* Carlos Sousa (csousa@tvtel.pt) [030826 14:05]:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:49:44 -0700 Vineet Kumar wrote:
> > , so I could be wrong, but:
> > ... then so is the man page.
>
> Apparently.

Or I just misinterpreted it.  I guess it meant it ignores the netbios
names for lookup purposes, but that it's still necessary in order for
the host to accept the message.  It says that the client will ignore the
netbios name, but I guess the server won't accept the message unless the
netbios name is correct.

I'd bet, though, that if the host is wide open enough to receive a
message this way, it's probably enough to be able to use nmblookup to
get its netbios name.  So the OP could use nmblookup first, and then use
that with smbclient's -M, in conjunction with -I.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/