Tool for sending Windows popup messages?

So, I had an idea of *something* I could do to try to help fix this "Sobig" virus problem.

Since the sender address is certainly spoofed, I figure the only way to track down the source is from the "Received" lines in the mail header.

I figured that, if their machine is poorly-managed enough for them to get the virus, it might also still be running the Windows Messenger service (or whatever that thing is that lets other people send popup messages to your screen).

The problem I'm having is.... *how* would I send a message like this? I tinkered around with smbclient, but it seemed to want the NetBIOS name of the machine that I was sending to, etc. Basically, all I've got is an IP address and I want to send a popup message to them. I figure that, if people out there are selling software that can do spam popups... it can't be *that* hard to do.

Is there some Debian tool that would let me specify an IP and a message and it would handle the delivery without making me bother with finding out the NetBIOS name, etc.?

- Joe