Re: Prevent X Windows Starting up

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:58:46 +0100,
"Sarah Forbes" <sarah.forbes@nexusmedia.com> wrote in message
<[🔎] 3F4B5986.6050609@nexusmedia.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have an install of the unstable distribution with a 2.4 Kernel. When
> I boot up, my keyboard and mouse become disabled as soon as the log in
> manager displays.
>
> Can you tell me how to stop x-windows from starting during the boot
> process so that I can try and find the cause of the issue. I cannot
> disable x windows from the command line because I can never get in.
>
> If you have any clues as to what might be causing my keyboard to
> disable in the first place, I would be very grateful to hear them.
>
> Many Thanks
> Sarah

..generally, boot like: 'linux 1' or 'linux single',
'linux rescue' or somesuch, where "linux" is the boot
stanza title and the "1" is the runlevel, play around.

..myself, I like console acreage, so I append stuff like
'vga=788' to 'vga=799', and 'vga=ask' when in doubt.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: