Re: other debian installer tactic?

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 7:23 am, Stephane wrote:
> Le Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:39:08 +0200
>
> It seems that a lot of people have troubles with the Debian installer.
> Once you know it well it can do what you want: tasksel is simple,
> dselect is powerful. Refuse to use them and you have a very minimal
> system that you can tune a lot.

I have no problem with the debian installer. I like it, really.

I'm only saying that I think that a new paradigm for an install procedure is
born with knoppix.
For me is obvious that in the future many desktop systems will be installed
this way.
For you guys may not be interesting, as I see that many people here don't like
kde, or any other eye-candy things, and you enjoy spending hours in dselect
discovering new packages and configuring your system exactly as you want it,
I've do it myself, but I now I want speed, the latest soft, and the power of
debian, all together.