Re: other debian installer tactic?

Le Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:39:08 +0200
Alfredo Valles <alfredo@bioinfo.cu> a dit:

Hello,

> I know this have been discussed many times. But I still not happy. (Sorry)

It seems that a lot of people have troubles with the Debian installer.
Once you know it well it can do what you want: tasksel is simple,
dselect is powerful. Refuse to use them and you have a very minimal
system that you can tune a lot.

But all the modern distro installers are easier, true, and sometimes
extremely powerful too. So what's the problem ? I guess the installer
wasn't a priority for Woody and previous Debians. As a matter of fact
I heard this should change for the next release (December if things
don't slow down): until then there's not much to say about this. Either
you deal with it, either you go for something else (this is what you did
with Knoppix: I wouldn't do it, but if you're happy with it, this is cool.).

Or perhaps you want to suggest, request features ? I think there is probably
a way to do this and someone else will be able to tell us the best way ?

Just my two cents.