Re: COBOL compiler

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 08:36, Mark Roach wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 08:52, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 03:35, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > > I've, unfortunately, been forced into taking a COBOL class as a
> > > requirement for getting my BS. (And that's just what it is, a load of
> > > BS...) What's worse is that I can't seem to find any Free COBOL tools.
> [snip]
> > Too bad you have such a negative view of COBOL.  In the hands of
> > someone with a brain, it's quite a powerful and modular language.
>
> That's a bit harsh, Ron. He said he was forced into taking the class,
> not that COBOL sucked. And even if he had, no need to get your hackles
> up.

I believe his quote was "And that's just what it is, a load of BS."
He's a student, and, by definition, has a limited perspective, and
probably, but not definitely, thinks he knows everything.  That's
_not_a_criticism_, just a statement of life.  After all, how many
young people think they know more than their parents until they hit
30?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"All machines, no matter how complex, are considered to be based
on 6 simple elements: the lever, the pulley, the wheel and axle,
the screw, the wedge and the inclined plane."
Marilyn Vos Savant