Re: COBOL compiler

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 03:35, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> I've, unfortunately, been forced into taking a COBOL class as a
> requirement for getting my BS. (And that's just what it is, a load of
> BS...) What's worse is that I can't seem to find any Free COBOL tools.
> 'apt-cache search cobol' returns 3 hits, all of which are documentation
> utilities. Any suggestions? Or am I going to be stuck using school PC's
> loaded with Windows and more proprietary software than you can shake a
> warez-kiddie at?

Too bad you have such a negative view of COBOL.  In the hands of
someone with a brain, it's quite a powerful and modular language.

http://www.thekompany.com/products/kobol/
http://www.thekompany.com/products/kobol/demo.php3

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

When Swedes start committing terrorism, I'll become suspicious
of Scandanavians.